You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Monitior for 2020 Mac Mini?

Hello,

So I've been looking for a wee while now and I've settled on the Mac Mini because the iMacs just don't do anything for me these days. My 2006 finally gave in to it's Kernal Panic problem and it's replacement, this 2011, 21.5" iMac is annoying me with stupid things. I love it's shape and curves but i think the logic board/CPU is failing as it's giving me similar problems like the 06' model did. This time i'm not in the mood to spend all my time correcting issues, so:

Mac Mini 2020:

• 3.2GHz 6‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 4.6GHz)
  • 8GB 2666MHz DDR4
  • Intel UHD Graphics 630
  • 512GB SSD storage
  • 10 Gigabit Ethernet (Nbase-T Ethernet with support for 1Gb, 2.5Gb, 5Gb and 10Gb Ethernet using RJ‑45 connector)

For a monitor i passed on the £650 option on Apples site and after some weeks of looking i thought this one should be okay:

LG UltraWide 29UB67

29-inch Height Adjustable IPS Monitor (2560 x 1080,

DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, 300 cd/m2, 5ms)

Anyone think different on the Mac or this display?

I don't use the computer for gaming or intensive photo or video applications. Use it mainly as a means to watch films/tv shows and for internet.

I do use Photos (Boooooo!) and iMovie for all the videos of Lockdown Laptimes but I'm not on it all the time. Just when i can be bothered.

Do you think it's too much computer for my purpose or not the right display or anything else?

Any sugestions, comments, putdowns are welcome.

Thank you, thank you very much!

J.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 2:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 1:44 PM

Okay, just checking. 😀

The LG UltraWide 29UB67 should be a decent choice. Make sure you use a USB-C DisplayPort cable, and not a USB-C to DVI cable. If it doesn't come with one, you can get it on Amazon. Here's one of a few to choose from.

If by best, you mean money-is-no-object-best, then you're talking about EIZO. Personally, I'm using a CG279X. But I also do professional color and retouching for a living. A prepress quality monitor is pretty much required.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2020 1:44 PM in response to James Phoenix

Okay, just checking. 😀

The LG UltraWide 29UB67 should be a decent choice. Make sure you use a USB-C DisplayPort cable, and not a USB-C to DVI cable. If it doesn't come with one, you can get it on Amazon. Here's one of a few to choose from.

If by best, you mean money-is-no-object-best, then you're talking about EIZO. Personally, I'm using a CG279X. But I also do professional color and retouching for a living. A prepress quality monitor is pretty much required.

Oct 24, 2020 3:07 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Hi,

Got a bout of insomnia after fever for three weeks. Neg test though.

Yes, EIZO. Fancy-Smanshie!

I've actually never heard of them and I'm afraid of sites that show no prices! I Feel like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. "They're very expensive" HaHa.

So i think I'll stick with the LG. I'm not up to date with the cabling these days and that was confusing me a bit so thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure what to use to get the best results and didn't want to buy a load of adapters.

Never used USB-C before with me having all this 'Obsolete' hardware.

If money-was-no-object the Mac Mini would be a Mac Pro.

Just because.

Thanks a lot.

j.

Best Monitior for 2020 Mac Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.