You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I find the update to Keynote 9.2 for Mac?

My Keynote is kicking me out. But it's only version 6.2. In order to get the latest update, I need to upgrade my MacOS (I'm currently in Mojave). I don't want to do that, but I wonder if the 9.2 update may make it more stable and less likely to kick me out. Is there a way to access earlier updates of Keynote?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 1:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 6:42 PM

Apple does not maintain separate, full installers of old application versions for user download.

Launch the Mac App Store and sign-in with the same Apple ID as you used for previous Keynote updates. Press command+0 (zero) to open the previous purchases panel, and if Keynote only shows Open, then you are stuck at v9.2.

If if offers an Update/Upgrade button, click that, and the store will pop a dialog stating that you need Catalina to get the latest Keynote version in the store. On older versions of macOS, at this point, it would then extend you a courtesy of offering to update your Keynote to the last available version of it for the current operating system. I don't believe Mojave is that gracious, and you will likely not receive a newer version of Keynote than v9.2 that you have.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2020 6:42 PM in response to k_dav89

Apple does not maintain separate, full installers of old application versions for user download.

Launch the Mac App Store and sign-in with the same Apple ID as you used for previous Keynote updates. Press command+0 (zero) to open the previous purchases panel, and if Keynote only shows Open, then you are stuck at v9.2.

If if offers an Update/Upgrade button, click that, and the store will pop a dialog stating that you need Catalina to get the latest Keynote version in the store. On older versions of macOS, at this point, it would then extend you a courtesy of offering to update your Keynote to the last available version of it for the current operating system. I don't believe Mojave is that gracious, and you will likely not receive a newer version of Keynote than v9.2 that you have.

Can I find the update to Keynote 9.2 for Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.