You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Smart Keyboard not working consistently- up until recently no issues. Now most of the time it doesn’t work. If Bluetooth was on and I turn it off, keyboard will work for a while then stops working again. Re-boots don’t help

How do I get my iPad Smart Keyboard working again?

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 11:14 AM

2 replies

Oct 22, 2020 10:02 AM in response to Fit4Life2020

Hi Fit4Life2020,

Thank you for reaching out, we will do everything we can to get your Smart Keyboard working.

Use your Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard with your iPad

"If your iPad doesn't detect your Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard or you see an "Accessory not supported" alert on your iPad, make sure there's no debris or plastic covering on the Smart Connector pins on the keyboard or the Smart Connector on the iPad.

Also, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your iPad and Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard are in the Type position and that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Remove the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard from your iPad.
  3. Restart your iPad.
  4. Reconnect the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard."

Cheers!

Ipad Smart Keyboard not working consistently- up until recently no issues. Now most of the time it doesn’t work. If Bluetooth was on and I turn it off, keyboard will work for a while then stops working again. Re-boots don’t help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.