You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken MacBook help!

So I installed Mac OS Catalina and with that new update I was no longer able to open adobe photoshop or illustrator. so I started messing around with the disks, and uninstalled the wrong disk and now my MacBook Air will only power up to a black screen and nothing else. Is there any fix for this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 2:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 2:17 PM

To fix this black screen on your MacBook, see here:

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

A blank (black, gray, or blue) screen should appear once or more during startup. If your Mac appears to be stuck on a blank screen, follow these steps.

1. If your Mac or display doesn't seem to be turning on at all (no power), start by following the steps for when your Mac doesn't turn on
  2. If the issue persists, press and hold the power button on your Mac for 10 seconds, then try starting up from macOS Recovery. If that works, continue to the next step.
  3. While in macOS Recovery, use Disk Utility to repair your startup disk
    • If Disk Utility found no errors, continue to the next step.
    • If Disk Utility found errors and repaired them, restart your Mac. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
  1. Take either of these actions:

If you still need help, please contact Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2020 2:17 PM in response to EduardoAlfaro

To fix this black screen on your MacBook, see here:

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

A blank (black, gray, or blue) screen should appear once or more during startup. If your Mac appears to be stuck on a blank screen, follow these steps.

1. If your Mac or display doesn't seem to be turning on at all (no power), start by following the steps for when your Mac doesn't turn on
  2. If the issue persists, press and hold the power button on your Mac for 10 seconds, then try starting up from macOS Recovery. If that works, continue to the next step.
  3. While in macOS Recovery, use Disk Utility to repair your startup disk
    • If Disk Utility found no errors, continue to the next step.
    • If Disk Utility found errors and repaired them, restart your Mac. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
  1. Take either of these actions:

If you still need help, please contact Apple Support

Broken MacBook help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.