You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Family Sharing not working

A couple of hours ago I have enabled the Family plan of Apple Music (changed from an individual plan) and enabled sharing it to the Family (me and my girlfriend that had the Apple ID family set up for months now).

On my devises I see that Apple Music is shared with my family and if I check inside that I see that its shared with me and my girlfriend.

The problem is that in her device with her Apple ID she doesn't seem to have Apple Music enabled and her options are only to do a new subscription.

Do I need to do anything to enable it on her account?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 3:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 12:40 AM

Thank you Raina,

The issue was actually solved but because of a strange reason.

She used to live in an other country and has originally set her Apple ID's country to a different one than mine. Changing it to my country solved the problem.

The strange part is that this did not create until now any other problem with family sharing or any other service, and also it was never mentioned or prompted during any step. It was by pure luck that I found out about it and fixed it.

Thanks for the try again and have a good day.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2020 12:40 AM in response to raina_b22

Thank you Raina,

The issue was actually solved but because of a strange reason.

She used to live in an other country and has originally set her Apple ID's country to a different one than mine. Changing it to my country solved the problem.

The strange part is that this did not create until now any other problem with family sharing or any other service, and also it was never mentioned or prompted during any step. It was by pure luck that I found out about it and fixed it.

Thanks for the try again and have a good day.

Oct 17, 2020 4:54 PM in response to Tyropitoubas

Hi Tyropitoubas,

It seems you're having trouble with Apple Music family subscription and we want to help.

On her iPhone, go to Settings > [your_name] > Family Sharing, and make sure you see on her device that she's part of your iCloud Family.

You can also make sure she's using the same Apple ID signed in under Settings > [your_name] > Media & Purchases.

Good luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Apple Music Family Sharing not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.