You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone’s Wallet App

What’s the point of having your credit card in the wallet app if you can’t access the CC info on file with the app?

in other words, I’m sure most of you are like me and purchase stuff online all the time. When on a site’s credit card input page and the field is asking for CC number, why can’t I get that from the wallet app? I can’t!! So, I have to get up from my chair and go hunt down my actual physical wallet and pull out the credit card and squint real hard to read the numbers and type them into the site I’m on.

Am I missing something?? The wallet app seems useless.

Casey W.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 7:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 7:44 AM

If a website allows for Apple Pay as a payment method, you can authenticate the payment through Apple Pay without having to re-enter any of your credit card information.

Apple Pay is also particularly helpful for making no touch payments in physical stores that accept Apple Pay.

Lastly, the Wallet app gives you a consolidated summary of all charges on your added credit cards. I personally use the Notifications to alert me of every transaction across all my cards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2020 7:44 AM in response to askbarnabas

If a website allows for Apple Pay as a payment method, you can authenticate the payment through Apple Pay without having to re-enter any of your credit card information.

Apple Pay is also particularly helpful for making no touch payments in physical stores that accept Apple Pay.

Lastly, the Wallet app gives you a consolidated summary of all charges on your added credit cards. I personally use the Notifications to alert me of every transaction across all my cards.

iPhone’s Wallet App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.