You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover whatsapp chat history from icloud

I am transferring to a new iphone and am having issues with restoring my whatsapp chat history. On my old iphone I have: enough icloud storage, transferred over wifi, backed up the old iphone to icloud today, backed up the whatsapp chat history today. Now I entered the sim card into the new iphone, verified my number in whatsapp and not all of my conversations are there. Only recent chats are in groups and individual messages from 1+ year ago. I clicked the 'restore chat history button', however it is a very old backup. How can I restore all of my recent conversations to the new iphone? Thanks

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 9:32 AM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2020 3:29 PM in response to katelino

Hello katelino,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to restore your recent chat history from WhatsApp to your iPhone. We'll be happy to help.

There are some additional steps outlined on WhatsApp's website that may help. Please verify that each of these steps were followed: How to restore your chat history

If that doesn't help, we suggest contacting WhatsApp for additional assistance: Contact WhatsApp

Best regards.

Oct 11, 2020 7:44 AM in response to Leanne_68

Hi Leanne_68,

Thanks for your response. I had already found the information you linked on the whatsapp website and followed the steps that they mentioned. That is why I thought it may have been an issue with the iphone itself or icloud. Unfortunately, I have just accepted that I will never get the whatsapp message history on the new phone.

Recover whatsapp chat history from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.