You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Apple USB-C digital AV-multiport-adapter (newest model). Not charging multiple devices.

Hi, I have a question about my apple AV-adapter (HDMI/USB/USB-C).

When the apple adapter is connected to my MacBook to use a separate display, it seems not possible to use the other 2 ports (USB-C and USB) for charging other devices. I've tried charging my AirPods/iPhone and other devices but the adapter rarely seems to pick it up. The HDMI connection works and I can also use the USB-C slot to charge the MacBook itself, it only seems to be a problem when trying to charge other devices with my MacBook through the use of the adapter.

Is there a logical explanation for this? My Macbook is from 2019 and runs the latest IOS.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 1:41 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Issue with Apple USB-C digital AV-multiport-adapter (newest model). Not charging multiple devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.