You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My old phone is getting text messages. How do I get my new phone to get the messages?

My new phone is not receiving text messages. Messages are going to my previous phone? How do I redirect the messages?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 4:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 9:41 AM

Greetings CAMM56,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems your old iPhone is receiving messages, and your new iPhone is not.

Ensure you have the proper Send & Receive information configured for the Messages settings, by tapping Settings > Messages > Send & Receive:

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

"If you receive messages on one device but not the other

If you have an iPhone and another iOS device, like an iPad, your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To check if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive.

If you don't see your phone number, you can link your iPhone number to your Apple ID so you can send and receive iMessages from your phone number. You can also set up Text Message Forwarding so you can send and receive MMS and SMS messages on all of your Apple devices."

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2020 9:41 AM in response to CAMM56

Greetings CAMM56,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems your old iPhone is receiving messages, and your new iPhone is not.

Ensure you have the proper Send & Receive information configured for the Messages settings, by tapping Settings > Messages > Send & Receive:

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

"If you receive messages on one device but not the other

If you have an iPhone and another iOS device, like an iPad, your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To check if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive.

If you don't see your phone number, you can link your iPhone number to your Apple ID so you can send and receive iMessages from your phone number. You can also set up Text Message Forwarding so you can send and receive MMS and SMS messages on all of your Apple devices."

Kind regards.

My old phone is getting text messages. How do I get my new phone to get the messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.