You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I purchase plan of 1 month that is 50GB , so it’s mandatory to utilised that50GB in month ?

If I purchase plan of 1 month that is 50GB , so it’s mandatory to utilised that50GB in month ?

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 2:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 9:15 AM

iCloud is not a consumable. Its storage space. You pay for 50GB, you get 50GB, whether you have files stored there that use it all or not.

The next month, you need to pay again if you want to continue access those 50GBs. If you stop paying it reverts to the free 5GB option.

Its a rental of storage space, not a purchase of consumable data.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2020 9:15 AM in response to bharti176

iCloud is not a consumable. Its storage space. You pay for 50GB, you get 50GB, whether you have files stored there that use it all or not.

The next month, you need to pay again if you want to continue access those 50GBs. If you stop paying it reverts to the free 5GB option.

Its a rental of storage space, not a purchase of consumable data.

Sep 24, 2020 9:11 AM in response to bharti176

This is a user support forum, we are users just like yourself, if you want more immediate replies or contact, click CONTACT SUPPORT in the top right of the page.

More to the point of your post, when you purchase the iCloud Storage of 50gb, that is the space you are allotted in iCloud for storage, you don't HAVE to use the entire thing, but that's what you get. It's not like your cellular provider where you are given a set amount you can use and then bank either, its 50gb through the subscription length, however long you use it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.