You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon Apple Watch series 4 able to go to MetroPCS?

I have an Apple Watch series 4 GPS + Cellular that I have paired with my iPhone through Verizon (Watch also through Verizon). I ordered a Series 6 that should arrive in a few weeks and my step-daughter was interested in my series 4.

She also has an iPhone but has an iPhone through her dads plan which is MetroPCS.

It's my understanding that MetroPCS does not support the Apple Watch, but is that just as far as cellular service? Would she be able to pair it to her Metro iPhone and use it as a GPS only model?

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 2:35 PM

Here is the list of carriers that support the Apple Watch

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

I do not see MetroPCS listed (then again, my eyes are not what they used to be, so best you check for yourself).

Your Step-Daughter can use your Series 4 in GPS only mode, and get all the features as the cellular as long as her iPhone is nearby.

Also her iPhone should be a 6s, SE (1 or 2), 7 or newer

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2020 2:35 PM in response to PGriffithsIII

Here is the list of carriers that support the Apple Watch

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

I do not see MetroPCS listed (then again, my eyes are not what they used to be, so best you check for yourself).

Your Step-Daughter can use your Series 4 in GPS only mode, and get all the features as the cellular as long as her iPhone is nearby.

Also her iPhone should be a 6s, SE (1 or 2), 7 or newer

Verizon Apple Watch series 4 able to go to MetroPCS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.