You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Apple Music Account on Family Plan

I have been on my parents family plan for Apple Music for a time and just recently got back into my Apple ID and am trying to set up my own Apple Music Account so I don’t share the same library and recently listened to as my dad as my Apple Music account is still his despite me having my own separate Apple ID.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 1:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 1:53 PM

If you are seeing his library and recently played list, then you are using Family sharing wrong, or not using Family Sharing at all. since you must be sharing an Apple ID which should not be done.

In fact its likely you are not using Family Sharing at all, as sharing an Apple ID entirely negates Family Sharing.

1. Make sure you are now logged in to your Apple ID on your devices under iTunes Store & App Store and iCloud.
  2. Then ask your father to invite your Apple ID to the Family Sharing group if there is one made.
  3. The Apple Music subscription must be the family plan. If it is, you'll immediately get access to it once you accept the invitation.

See here for further details: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2020 1:53 PM in response to Jkatz361

If you are seeing his library and recently played list, then you are using Family sharing wrong, or not using Family Sharing at all. since you must be sharing an Apple ID which should not be done.

In fact its likely you are not using Family Sharing at all, as sharing an Apple ID entirely negates Family Sharing.

1. Make sure you are now logged in to your Apple ID on your devices under iTunes Store & App Store and iCloud.
  2. Then ask your father to invite your Apple ID to the Family Sharing group if there is one made.
  3. The Apple Music subscription must be the family plan. If it is, you'll immediately get access to it once you accept the invitation.

See here for further details: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Changing Apple Music Account on Family Plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.