You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carriers for Apple Watch Cellular

I'm interested in an apple watch with cellular. Does it only work with the four carriers listed? I have Ting for my iPhone which uses T-Mobile towers. Wondering if I will have to change carrier...

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 5:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 5:41 PM

Unless your carrier is explicitly listed in the list

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

then your carrier cannot be used with the Apple Watch. NVMO operators (those using another carriers towers) must have an contractual agreement with the carriers providing the cellular signals. There are few, such as Xfinity, but not many have that kind of contract.

You can use a GPS only Apple Watch and as long as your iPhone is nearby, you can do everything the cellular can do. Where nearby is basically in the same home (assuming it is not super huge, and that it is wood frame construction).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2020 5:41 PM in response to Guy_on_a_Buffalo

Unless your carrier is explicitly listed in the list

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

then your carrier cannot be used with the Apple Watch. NVMO operators (those using another carriers towers) must have an contractual agreement with the carriers providing the cellular signals. There are few, such as Xfinity, but not many have that kind of contract.

You can use a GPS only Apple Watch and as long as your iPhone is nearby, you can do everything the cellular can do. Where nearby is basically in the same home (assuming it is not super huge, and that it is wood frame construction).

Carriers for Apple Watch Cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.