You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes

Plugged in iPhone 7  to MacBook pro told me iTunes needed update which i authorised - then did update just for iTunes this was  2 days ago  now i can't access iTunes at all due to popup saying "You can’t open the application “iTunes” because it is being updated''  What do I do?

MacBook

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 6:26 AM

1 reply

Sep 26, 2020 11:49 AM in response to Happybob123

Hey Happybob123,

We see that you're unable to launch the iTunes app because it says that it's being updated, and we'd like to help!

Let's check if iTunes update progress shows under the App Store > Updates tab. If you don't see it there, then click on the Apple logo on the top left corner of your Mac > select About This Mac > Software Update.

If you see the iTunes update progress, see if you can cancel it. If you're unable to cancel the progress, try restarting your Mac and check again.

If the update was successfully canceled, try updating the iTunes app again by following the steps from here: Update to the latest version of iTunes

If none of the steps above worked, then boot your Mac into safe mode and try again: How to use safe mode on your Mac

We hope this helps!

Warm regards.

Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.