You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Liquid Detection in lighting port no longer shows up, but phone does not charge.

I accidentally dropped my phone in the sink when the water was running, but quickly took it out. I dried my phone off and performed the water eject sound to remove any excess water in my speakers and ports. I tried charging my phone at this point since my battery was low and realized that there was a liquid detection warning. I took out the lighting port and let it rest for 30 minutes before trying again. However, this time, nothing showed up when I plugged my charger in. I no longer saw the brief moment where my phone indicated it was charging, nor did I see the liquid detection warning. What could be the reason for this? Is it always supposed to show the liquid detection when I plug it in, or does it not always show the warning every time?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 4:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 4:32 PM

Get it serviced / replaced.

1 reply

Liquid Detection in lighting port no longer shows up, but phone does not charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.