You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 14 stutters when scrolling

My late 2013 iMac was just upgraded with Safari 14. I find that when scrolling the screen seems to "stutter" This wasn't happening before. Also the tab titles are small and hard to read

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 7:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 4:10 PM

the issue was present on another user’s account, but when I logged out of that and restarted a day later. The issue was resolved for all users including the dark band that had appeared across tab titles. All is well. I only wish I could have found what caused the issue. Thanks for the magic wand you sent along.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2020 4:10 PM in response to bailier

the issue was present on another user’s account, but when I logged out of that and restarted a day later. The issue was resolved for all users including the dark band that had appeared across tab titles. All is well. I only wish I could have found what caused the issue. Thanks for the magic wand you sent along.

Sep 23, 2020 3:39 PM in response to BobL14

Hi BobL14,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand Safari seems to act unexpectedly when scrolling. We’re happy to help.

First, restart in safe mode to see if that helps:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Then, reset the PRAM / NVRAM on your Mac:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Should the issue persist, test to see if it’s present in a different user account:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Safari 14 stutters when scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.