You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabling two-factor authentication

When I go to appleid.apple.com it doesn't show any option to disable it.

I read online that if I enabled it more than 2 weeks ago, I can't disable it. (I enabled two factor authentication more than 2 weeks ago).

If I want to open icloud.com top upload my work from my school when I don't have my iPhone, I can't do it.

Please help I need to disable it.

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 3:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 3:27 AM

That is correct, since it has been more than two weeks you can no longer disable two-factor authentication.

Two-factor is a good thing to protect your account, but in your situation (trying to connect from work or school computers) if these are shared computers then you won't be able to use the www.icloud.com website.

There is one possibility though: If your work computer is exclusively your computer or at least you have your own account and can install software on it then you can install "iCloud for Windows" and if you can have your iPhone with you once (or have a family member read you the code when you're at work if you're never allowed to bring your phone to your workplace) and can setup that iCloud for Windows app (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283) and install it then you would have access to your iCloud content using that app.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2020 3:27 AM in response to anishmanchanda2006

That is correct, since it has been more than two weeks you can no longer disable two-factor authentication.

Two-factor is a good thing to protect your account, but in your situation (trying to connect from work or school computers) if these are shared computers then you won't be able to use the www.icloud.com website.

There is one possibility though: If your work computer is exclusively your computer or at least you have your own account and can install software on it then you can install "iCloud for Windows" and if you can have your iPhone with you once (or have a family member read you the code when you're at work if you're never allowed to bring your phone to your workplace) and can setup that iCloud for Windows app (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283) and install it then you would have access to your iCloud content using that app.

Disabling two-factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.