You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I backed up my iphone to my computer and when it ask if I wanted it encriped I said yes.Now when I want restore the back up to a new phone it ask for a password and I don't have one. Is there a way around this?

I backed up my old phone to my computer and when it ask if I wanted to encryped I said yes. Now when I want restore that back up to a new phone it ask for a passwork and I did not put in a password.

Is there a way around this???/This is on a new iphone11

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 4:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 4:31 PM

If you can’t remember the password you set, the backup is useless.

as stated above, I don’t believe there is any limit to the number of tries you have.

Go to the through your list of old passwords in your head and try them.

2 replies

I backed up my iphone to my computer and when it ask if I wanted it encriped I said yes.Now when I want restore the back up to a new phone it ask for a password and I don't have one. Is there a way around this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.