You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update IOS

I purchased more GB as the system keeps telling me I don't have enough GB to update the most recent IOS Version. My current IPad Air Version is 10.3.3. Why am I unable  to update despite more than sufficient GB ? How do I install the update? I don't have a PC. Thanx

iPad Air, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 2:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 4:35 AM

Thank You for your reply LotusPilot! I did suspect that a higher tier of iCloud storage would not solve the problem, but in my despair thought it was worth a try. The problem is that I already have deleted several apps, documents, photos etc. But the system keeps asking for further delete. I tried to delete my mail app, which should have released the needed GB, but nothing happened. Had exactly the same figure as before deleting mail app? If you have a further comment for my problem I would appreciate it. In any case I will certainly study the support pages you sent me. As I see it is also a problem that I have no PC and thus unable to update that way. Thanx again!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2020 4:35 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank You for your reply LotusPilot! I did suspect that a higher tier of iCloud storage would not solve the problem, but in my despair thought it was worth a try. The problem is that I already have deleted several apps, documents, photos etc. But the system keeps asking for further delete. I tried to delete my mail app, which should have released the needed GB, but nothing happened. Had exactly the same figure as before deleting mail app? If you have a further comment for my problem I would appreciate it. In any case I will certainly study the support pages you sent me. As I see it is also a problem that I have no PC and thus unable to update that way. Thanx again!

Sep 12, 2020 3:02 AM in response to Flintstonefamily

Subscribing to a higher tier of iCloud storage does not add internal storage to your iPad; iCloud is Cloud storage - not physical storage on your iPad.

The internal storage of your iPad is fixed for the life of the iPad; it cannot be extended or upgraded.

If your internal storage is full, you must delete data or Apps from the iPad to make space. These support pages may be helpful:

About storage on your device and in iCloud – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.