You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to trace my phone

Can I trace my I phone 6 plus while is off ?

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 10:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 11:00 AM

In order to trace your device's location, you needed to have turned on the "Find My [device]" feature. If the feature is turned on -- and the device is charged and turned on -- you can use the Find My app to find your device:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com/find on the web or use the Find My app on another Apple device.
  2. Open the Find My app or go to iCloud.com and click Find iPhone. Select a device to view its location on a map.

If the device is turned off, however, the foregoing will not work. It should show the last location where it was before it lost power or was turned off.

Good luck!

JDee

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2020 11:00 AM in response to hileni

In order to trace your device's location, you needed to have turned on the "Find My [device]" feature. If the feature is turned on -- and the device is charged and turned on -- you can use the Find My app to find your device:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com/find on the web or use the Find My app on another Apple device.
  2. Open the Find My app or go to iCloud.com and click Find iPhone. Select a device to view its location on a map.

If the device is turned off, however, the foregoing will not work. It should show the last location where it was before it lost power or was turned off.

Good luck!

JDee

I want to trace my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.