You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

refund request denied without due explanation

I made an In App purchase on a game - £100, not small change. When making payment on the app it said purchase failed. I then noticed that iTunes in fact took payment but the item was not received. Spoke to Apple support rep who processed and put forward for a refund. I then got the dreaded response “Your refund has been denied”...

i contacted the item supplier who have me an official letter that has been presented to Apple that they did not supply the item nor have they received an order from iTunes requesting the item on my behalf!

I contacted Support a second time after I now requested a refund on the Apple site. Support shut me down and told me to vist their “terms and conditions” as a sale is final. As far as I understand Sales 101, if an item has not been supplied how can a sale be final?

Are there any alternative avenues I can use before I approach the Financial Ombudsman to resolve this issue.

This was clearly a case of a tech issue between iTunes and the supplier and neither will accept responsibility BUT Apple has money for goods not supplied.

Any solution?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 9:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 1:02 AM

Call Apple Support again. Do not speak to the 1st tier agent other than to politely and firmly request that your call be immediately escalated to Customer Relations. Don't discuss your issue until they have put you in contact with Customer Relations.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, have at it with that Ombudsman fellow.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2020 1:02 AM in response to CaptJackParow

Call Apple Support again. Do not speak to the 1st tier agent other than to politely and firmly request that your call be immediately escalated to Customer Relations. Don't discuss your issue until they have put you in contact with Customer Relations.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, have at it with that Ombudsman fellow.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

refund request denied without due explanation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.