You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade my storage

How to upgrade my storage?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 1:35 PM

Welcome, tebogo256, to Apple Support Communities!

You are asking about «upgrad[ing] [your] storage».

Are you asking about upgrading your iCloud storage?

Or are you asking about increasing the internal, hardware storage of your iDevice (iPhone 6s Plus?)?

These is no way to increase the size of the internal, hardware storage of your iDevice. What it came with, in the beginning, is what it will always have.

However, you can use your iCloud storage to offload some files from your iDevice, or, at least, substitute smaller versions, on your iDevice, while retaining the full versions on iCloud.

This is talked about in Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support.

I also recommend you follow the steps in Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2020 1:35 PM in response to tebogo256

Welcome, tebogo256, to Apple Support Communities!

You are asking about «upgrad[ing] [your] storage».

Are you asking about upgrading your iCloud storage?

Or are you asking about increasing the internal, hardware storage of your iDevice (iPhone 6s Plus?)?

These is no way to increase the size of the internal, hardware storage of your iDevice. What it came with, in the beginning, is what it will always have.

However, you can use your iCloud storage to offload some files from your iDevice, or, at least, substitute smaller versions, on your iDevice, while retaining the full versions on iCloud.

This is talked about in Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support.

I also recommend you follow the steps in Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

How to upgrade my storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.