You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete my photos from iPhone 6?

My photos from this device was transfered on the other device which has the same apple id on my device, how can i delete those?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 3:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 3:43 AM

Understand that all devices using the same Apple ID and setup with iCloud Photos ON, will sync (mirror) what photos are on each other.

For eg. if you use iPhone and iPad and have the same ID on both and iCloud is set on both with iCloud Photos ON, then they will sync with each other. Photos you take from your iPhone will also appear on the iPad and vice-versa. This is how iCloud Photos is designed to work. So, if you delete from one device they will delete from the other device as well.

You can turn this setting (iCloud Photos) OFF so that this does not happen, if you wish.

To know more about iCloud and iCloud Photos: go here: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2020 3:43 AM in response to jonie192

Understand that all devices using the same Apple ID and setup with iCloud Photos ON, will sync (mirror) what photos are on each other.

For eg. if you use iPhone and iPad and have the same ID on both and iCloud is set on both with iCloud Photos ON, then they will sync with each other. Photos you take from your iPhone will also appear on the iPad and vice-versa. This is how iCloud Photos is designed to work. So, if you delete from one device they will delete from the other device as well.

You can turn this setting (iCloud Photos) OFF so that this does not happen, if you wish.

To know more about iCloud and iCloud Photos: go here: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

How can I delete my photos from iPhone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.