You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera shutter sound on refurbished Iphone

The Apple refurbished Iphone I purchased won't allow me to mute the camera shutter sound when using apps such as Snapchat. I've learned this is most likely because it originally came from a country that required that by law. I don't live in a country where that is the law and I don't want that feature on my phone. What I'm wanting to know, is it possible for it to be fixed so it doesn't do that or is it something that cannot be changed?

Thank you.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 9:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 9:58 PM

No it cannot be changed. The function is built in to the program specific for that hardware for that specific region. If it were possible then users would have changed that while living in the region where camera shutter sound cannot be silenced.

Axel F.

1 reply

Camera shutter sound on refurbished Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.