You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Watch outside of the U.S

Hello everyone. I recently grew interest in apple watch and would like to purchase one for myself and my relative. I'm looking to buy the series 6 coming up this September. I'm planning to send one to my relative back in my country (Vietnam).

My concern is that will the watch function outside of the U.S and do all the features work? Can it be used in different countries? Do you have access to everything like in the U.S? Can someone give me a brief explanation of how this work?

I'm new to all this apple stuff because I've been an adroid guy all my life. Now i'm just getting use to iphone and their accessories. My current and first ever iphone is only 9 months old.

Hoping to get some helpful response

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 9:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 1:57 AM

Hello! The Apple Watch is meant to be used along with an iPhone. If your relative already use an iPhone in Vietnam the Watch should work just fine right out of the box. If you want to buy an Apple Watch supporting cellular connection, and your relative want to take a walk without brining the iPhone and just use the Apple Watch to make calls or use features that need an internet connection–it's pretty much up to the cell phone provider if it will work or not. The provider might not support the Apple Watch at all or your relative might have to buy an additional plan for the Apple Watch.

(The above only refers to existing Apple Watches, I don't know what features and functionality the Series 6 will have.)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2020 1:57 AM in response to giakhon2604

Hello! The Apple Watch is meant to be used along with an iPhone. If your relative already use an iPhone in Vietnam the Watch should work just fine right out of the box. If you want to buy an Apple Watch supporting cellular connection, and your relative want to take a walk without brining the iPhone and just use the Apple Watch to make calls or use features that need an internet connection–it's pretty much up to the cell phone provider if it will work or not. The provider might not support the Apple Watch at all or your relative might have to buy an additional plan for the Apple Watch.

(The above only refers to existing Apple Watches, I don't know what features and functionality the Series 6 will have.)

Using Apple Watch outside of the U.S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.