You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 6 with 12.4.8 iOS. When I try to update it tells me I have the latest update. I have made a recent backup on iCloud and still can’t get the 13.5 or higher updates.

I have an iPhone 6 with 12.4.8 iOS. When I try to update it tells me I have the latest update. I have made a recent backup on iCloud and still can’t get the 13.5 or higher updates. How do I receive the latest updates?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 7:56 AM

3 replies

Aug 9, 2020 8:39 AM in response to Kenapoc

There is no hardware upgrade available for any iPhone.

Options for newer iOS software are a newer or new iPhone.

Apple offers refurbished iPhones with warranties, as well as new.

Used purchases from private sales can be problematic, or fraudulent:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

Based on the numbers of times Activation Lock gets discussed after a purchase where the seller then disappeared, a number of folks have gotten scammed.

I have an iPhone 6 with 12.4.8 iOS. When I try to update it tells me I have the latest update. I have made a recent backup on iCloud and still can’t get the 13.5 or higher updates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.