You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade in

I’m currently on a contract with tesco and have an Iphone XS. I want to upgrade my phone but it’s £500 to end my contract. If I trade in my iphone XS with apple and pay £30(ish) a month for an iphone 11 do I take the sim card out my iphone XS and put into the 11 and continue on with the same contract and pay my usual £40 to tesco and the £30 to apple every month or do I need to start a new contract? I’m not sure if this is making sense 😂Do I also need to let tesco know i’m doing this? Hopefully someone understands my question. Someone please explain this to me.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 9:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 1:23 AM

Personally, I don’t think you are allowed to trade in a phone you haven’t paid off yet to a different company than the one you got the contract from. This is in case you default on your payments and have to give the phone back.

By all means check with Tesco but I doubt it is allowed.

2 replies

Trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.