You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My daughter forgot her icloud info and now there is an activation lock on ipad. How do I fix it?

My daughter forgot her icloud info and now there is an activation lock on ipad. How do I fix it?

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 1:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 2:06 PM

Hmm, activation lock is really good at what it does, and it is not easy (or most of the time except for certain special circumstances) circumventible. Is your daughter's account, by any chance, under your Family Sharing account? You can reset the password of young children with Family Sharing, in that when one creates an account for a child, the password recovery email address is set to the email address of the Family Organizer.

Go to http://appleid.apple.com and choose "Forgot Password." That will send the password recovery message to the family organizer, not to the child.

Older kids (generally between 13 and 18 -- many would argue! LOL) receive their own password reset emails, or can answer the Security Questions to reset their password. The same way that anyone who forgot their Apple ID and tried too many times to guess right, and Activation lock kicked in, and they need a fix.

Good luck!

-- JDee

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 7, 2020 2:06 PM in response to Galdous

Hmm, activation lock is really good at what it does, and it is not easy (or most of the time except for certain special circumstances) circumventible. Is your daughter's account, by any chance, under your Family Sharing account? You can reset the password of young children with Family Sharing, in that when one creates an account for a child, the password recovery email address is set to the email address of the Family Organizer.

Go to http://appleid.apple.com and choose "Forgot Password." That will send the password recovery message to the family organizer, not to the child.

Older kids (generally between 13 and 18 -- many would argue! LOL) receive their own password reset emails, or can answer the Security Questions to reset their password. The same way that anyone who forgot their Apple ID and tried too many times to guess right, and Activation lock kicked in, and they need a fix.

Good luck!

-- JDee

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.