You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Can't Open the Page....

Hi all,

Running 10.13.6.

I haven't logged in to the Apple website for a long time. Now when I try using Safari, I can't log in to the Apple website. I get the following message:

Safari Can’t Open the Page (a bunch of letters and numbers) because Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server “idmsa.apple.com”.

I've cleared the History and restarted.

I can log in using Firefox.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 5:46 AM

6 replies

Aug 8, 2020 8:00 AM in response to tjk

Hi tjk!

Thanks for reaching out and making us aware of this this problem with Safari. So we understand correctly, is this just happening with the Apple website in Safari, or are you seeing a similar message when trying to sign in to other secure websites? If it's just happening with the Apple website, the steps below may help.

If you can’t open a website in Safari on Mac

When you have a chance, would you also be able to tell us whether this is happening on multiple networks?

Thanks!

Aug 8, 2020 9:53 AM in response to brenden dv

Just Apple website in Safari.

Other secure sites work fine.

Don't have access to other networks at this time due to Covid, but have checked my router settings and there shouldn't be anything there causing this.

It works in Firefox on High Sierra, and in Safari on Mojave and Catalina.

Also forgot to mention, have all the most recent updates for High Sierra installed.

Safari Can't Open the Page....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.