You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No alert to start tracking excercize

Hello,

My new iWatch 5 sends an alert to stop tracking activities when I stop excercizing.

However, when I am playing tennis or hiking and I forget to start the tracking mode myself, I receive no alert to start tracking the activity. So I receive no credit for playing tennis, hiking, running etc.

I callibrated the watch and all settings seem to be OK. What can I still do?

Thanks in advance.

Karin

Apple Watch Series 5, 6

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 5:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 5:05 AM

Get reminders to start a workout

In watchOS 5 or later, when your Apple Watch senses that you’re working out, it taps you on the wrist and asks. Tap an option within the notification to record the workout, change the workout type, mute notifications for the day, or dismiss the notification. No matter when you tap, you’ll get all your workout credit from the time you started exercising.

How long it takes for your watch to alert you to record a workout varies by workout type. Here are the workouts that your watch can give you reminders for: 

• Indoor Walk
  • Outdoor Walk
  • Indoor Run
  • Outdoor Run
  • Elliptical
  • Rower
  • Pool Swim
  • Open Water Swim

To turn this setting on or off, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, tap Workout, then go to Start Workout Reminder. 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2020 5:05 AM in response to KarinHaarlem

Get reminders to start a workout

In watchOS 5 or later, when your Apple Watch senses that you’re working out, it taps you on the wrist and asks. Tap an option within the notification to record the workout, change the workout type, mute notifications for the day, or dismiss the notification. No matter when you tap, you’ll get all your workout credit from the time you started exercising.

How long it takes for your watch to alert you to record a workout varies by workout type. Here are the workouts that your watch can give you reminders for: 

• Indoor Walk
  • Outdoor Walk
  • Indoor Run
  • Outdoor Run
  • Elliptical
  • Rower
  • Pool Swim
  • Open Water Swim

To turn this setting on or off, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, tap Workout, then go to Start Workout Reminder. 

No alert to start tracking excercize

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.