You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple loop does not preview while playing a track

Since the last update of Logic pro X, I am not able to preview apple loops while I am playing the tracks. When the track is stopped, the apple loop sounds, but when the tracks are playing, it shows as if it was playing but there is no sound. I checked the "Preview channel" and everything looks fine."

In the first screenshot, the track is stopped and you can see the Apple sound metering in the Preview Channel. In the second picture you can see that while the track is playing, the speaker green icon is "on" (as it was sounding), but there is no signal in the Preview channel. Help please! Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 4:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 6:55 AM

This happens when you use an Audio Interface. If you change the source to built-in mac, it's resolved.

1 reply

Apple loop does not preview while playing a track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.