You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS changes format Address Field in contacts

Dear Sirs:

For any reason, my Iphone XR has changed the address field format in every contact that I have from <streetname><number> <floor> to <floor><number><street name>.

Is there any way to return to the original data? or keep this to occurs again?

Sincerely

Alfredo

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 10:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 4:29 PM

Hey there baluma_1983,

If we understand correctly you've noticed the address information associated with your contacts seem to sorted incorrectly in the Contacts app. Is that correct?

How long has this been an issue? Has there been any recent changes on the device before noticing the issue?

Have you tried restarting the device to see if that helps? Restart your iPhone

Are you using iCloud to save your contacts?

If so have you checked the iCloud website to see how they're being sorted there? iCloud Sign-in

Are you running the latest version of iOS 13? If not you can create a backup before updating to isolate as well.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Lastly you can also try reinstalling the Contacts app to test as well. If you continue to run into complications, you can reach out to Apple Support directly using the link below.

Contact Apple Support

Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2020 4:29 PM in response to baluma_1983

Hey there baluma_1983,

If we understand correctly you've noticed the address information associated with your contacts seem to sorted incorrectly in the Contacts app. Is that correct?

How long has this been an issue? Has there been any recent changes on the device before noticing the issue?

Have you tried restarting the device to see if that helps? Restart your iPhone

Are you using iCloud to save your contacts?

If so have you checked the iCloud website to see how they're being sorted there? iCloud Sign-in

Are you running the latest version of iOS 13? If not you can create a backup before updating to isolate as well.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Lastly you can also try reinstalling the Contacts app to test as well. If you continue to run into complications, you can reach out to Apple Support directly using the link below.

Contact Apple Support

Regards.

Jul 22, 2020 5:56 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Dear Sir

Thanks with your response.

Yes, the original format was <street name> <street number> <floor>. Many records were stored in the phone as <floor><street number> <street name>, and later resynced in this altered format.

I happened when I create the Google Account in Iphone XR with IOS 13.6. I had the same situation with an old Iphone time ago.

I couldnt see the same with new cotacts in Iphone.

And it is not the only error. If I edit any contact, and add a bithdate without year, It is not recorded.

Another bug, is that I can add, alter, or remove the Note field without editing the contact, and there is no choice to discard the changes.

If I remove the Apple Contacts App, How can I get it again?

Sincerely

Alfred

Jul 27, 2020 2:50 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Chuck:

Thanks for your response.

I removed and reinstalled Contacts.

Many things changed. Now I can add an aniversary without year, and see the picture profile from my contacts.

Apparently, the address issue is solved. Althought, I edited and replaced every bug. I'm openning contacts and see the address field correctly.

If I observe any issue , I will post a new ticket.

Thank you!!

Alfred

IOS changes format Address Field in contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.