You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a new iPad Air last week - it isn’t updating my messages. My words with friends game won’t open, either. Not sure if all other apps are working

How can I fix

iPad Air, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 2:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 3:19 PM

If you have replaced your iPad, you will need to update the Text Message Forwarding settings on your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON and explicitly enable your new iPad from the device list

Ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled for both iPad and iPhone:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2020 3:19 PM in response to Farnat115

If you have replaced your iPad, you will need to update the Text Message Forwarding settings on your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON and explicitly enable your new iPad from the device list

Ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled for both iPad and iPhone:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

I purchased a new iPad Air last week - it isn’t updating my messages. My words with friends game won’t open, either. Not sure if all other apps are working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.