You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't fix “cannot verify server identity” error

My two iphones (iphone 7 and iphone 11) suddenly have this issue at the same time. I looked up online for solutions but none can fix mine as other people's server issue is related to gmail or imap, but mine shows the identity of "server4.websitehostserver.net" cannot be verified. For more details, it shows the certificate is *.greengeeks.net issued by AlphaSSL CA - SHA256 -G2 with "Not Trusted" in red. I don't recall I download any new app or I have any app named that. Please see more details below. I guess we need to figure out which app or setting cause this, otherwise we can't fix it. It's been annoying for weeks. Really appreciate if anyone can help.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 11:31 AM

3 replies

Jul 19, 2020 11:47 AM in response to Vionasama

Good afternoon Vionasama,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are having an issue with a certificate in Safari. There is a webhosting service called GreenGeeks - is it possible this is what you are referring to? Who is your Email Service Provider or Internet Service Provider? (What appears after the @ symbol in your email address?) The resources below may help you address this issue:

Requirements for trusted certificates in iOS 13 and macOS 10.15

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please provide the additional information requested about your issue and we'll do our best to help!

Take care.

Jul 21, 2020 10:24 PM in response to i_rina

Hi Rina,

Thank you for your response!

FYI, my Internet Service Provider is always Horizon. My Email Service Providers are Gmail (personal and school's email) and Microsoft Outlook (company's email). Both of my iphones have no problem with sending or receiving emails from these three email accounts. And both of them have no problem with connecting to Wi-Fi networks (only the iphone11 has a sim card though, my carrier is AT&T). This issue happened on the 3rd week after I started using my new iphone11. At the beginning, I followed the instruction to copy everything and setting to my new iphone11 from iphone7 when I activated 11 so everything looks the same on both, and they use the same apple ID.

Hope this information can help. Thanks and take care!

Can't fix “cannot verify server identity” error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.