You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to find english subtitles in finnish or other movies?

I rented movie ’Parasite’ with my friends. I’m watching it in Finland and can’t find english subtitles?! What to do to find english subtitles?

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 12:35 PM

3 replies

Jul 17, 2020 6:02 PM in response to chris_g1

Hi there, thanks for responce.

I’m sad to find out that this doesn’t get me any further..., your answer let’s me know the normal way to change subtitles.

But in this case, in Finland, you don’t have the option of using english subtitles.

I was told that it depends the country where your creditcard (bank) locates, which options of subtitles you have. And I find it rejected to have only scandinavien subtitle-options in Finland! Especially korean movies!

I understand that it’s costing money to make all kinds of subtitles to movies, but stil. I would like to watch movies with friends, and we need atleast english subtitles.

Jul 16, 2020 2:29 PM in response to tapsaite

Hi there tapsaite,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you're looking to change the subtitle language for a iTunes movie purchase. You're in the right place, we'd be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

Change the subtitles or audio language for the Apple TV app and iTunes Store movies and TV shows

The section "How to change the subtitle or audio language" includes steps that can be used to change the subtitle language.

Have a great day!

Jul 20, 2020 7:27 AM in response to tapsaite

tapsaite,

Thank you for replying back with the updated information around what you're seeing with subtitles.

The Languages section of the information page in the iTunes Store or Apple TV app can be used as an indicator to see what is available for a Movie or TV show purchase regarding subtitle options.

You can always provide feedback regarding the choice for more subtitles, below is a resource that can be used to provide feedback:

Product Feedback - Apple

Have a great day!

how to find english subtitles in finnish or other movies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.