You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPhone 8 have "call blocking and identification" in the phone settings? I don't see it on my phone

I have receiving approximately 50 international spam calls a day. I have my phone on silence unknown callers but I'd like to get an app to control the incoming calls as I need to have phone for some unknown calls (docs, lawyers, vets....). My question is does the iPhone 8 have the "tap call blocking and identification" in the phone settings? I can't find it and some of the apps require this setting.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 8:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 8:46 AM

Go to Settings > Phone. Tap Call Blocking & Identification. Under Allow These Apps To Block Calls And Provide Caller ID, turn the app on or off.

Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 10, 2020 8:48 AM in response to DWChucky

You can any number to the blocked list, but spam calls usually come from a different number each time. That’s why Apple added Silence Unknown Callers.

Many carriers offer blocking apps, so check with your carrier. For example, AT&T has Call Protect, which is free. And there’s a good app from Nomorobo that costs $2 a month but works well.

Does the iPhone 8 have "call blocking and identification" in the phone settings? I don't see it on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.