You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I find deleted messages

Can I find my deleted messages

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 4:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 4:59 PM

If you have messages turned on the cloud, once they are deleted, they are gone. Go to Settings > Your Name, iCloud, iTunes & App Store > iCloud > if messages is turned on they're gone.

If you don't have messages turned on in the cloud, if you have a backup from before you deleted the messages, you can restore from that backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2020 4:59 PM in response to Colin624

If you have messages turned on the cloud, once they are deleted, they are gone. Go to Settings > Your Name, iCloud, iTunes & App Store > iCloud > if messages is turned on they're gone.

If you don't have messages turned on in the cloud, if you have a backup from before you deleted the messages, you can restore from that backup.

Can I find deleted messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.