You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I make a new icloud account on my iphone 8 plus without losing anything?

how can I make a new icloud account on my iphone 8 plus without losing anything? I'm on another account with my mother but I want to switch to my own account without losing photos, contacts and other important information. How can I do that?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 7:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 3:03 PM

Your "photos, contacts and other important information" will be tied to your mother's Apple ID and will reside there. When you create a new Apple ID, it will not port over.

For photos, you will have to download them to a computer, external hard drive, flash drive, etc. See the following --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzN-0dJlPg8

Contacts and your other important information - Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2020 3:03 PM in response to madss_22

Your "photos, contacts and other important information" will be tied to your mother's Apple ID and will reside there. When you create a new Apple ID, it will not port over.

For photos, you will have to download them to a computer, external hard drive, flash drive, etc. See the following --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzN-0dJlPg8

Contacts and your other important information - Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support.

how can I make a new icloud account on my iphone 8 plus without losing anything?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.