You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing - Purchase Sharing

Hi there. I have a question about Family Sharing - specifically about Purchase Sharing. I'm organizer and I have Purchase Sharing turned off, but somehow I still get all purchases from family members charged on my credit card. I don't want that! Please help!

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 12:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 7:28 AM

Even though purchase sharing is turned off, as the family organizer, you are still responsible for paying for all purchases family members make.

Have the family members buy/redeem iTunes Gift cards to their accounts. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

App Store & iTunes Gift Cards by Email.     

Gift cards redeem.    

Gift Card - can’t redeem.    

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 3, 2020 7:28 AM in response to thesimpson

Even though purchase sharing is turned off, as the family organizer, you are still responsible for paying for all purchases family members make.

Have the family members buy/redeem iTunes Gift cards to their accounts. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

App Store & iTunes Gift Cards by Email.     

Gift cards redeem.    

Gift Card - can’t redeem.    

Family Sharing - Purchase Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.