You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download cloud drive ss a word document?

I must send files as a word document can I do this on cloud ?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 5:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 8:00 PM

Asking some Apple folks for help with Microsoft Office on Windows probably isn’t the best path.

I’m going to guess that moving the file onto iCloud isn't going to be necessary here.

The general sequence will probably be like this:

...Open Microsoft Word and edit the Word document, if any changes are required.

...Then open Microsoft Outlook mail, or whatever mail client you’re using.

...Create a new mail message, entering the email address of the recipient in the “to” field.

...Enter some text to send to the recipient.

...Add the Microsoft Office Word document to the mail message as an attachment.

...Send it.

It’s been a ~dozen years since I’ve used Microsoft Windows or Office, so I’m quire unfamiliar with the details of those packages.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2020 8:00 PM in response to Womblefart

Asking some Apple folks for help with Microsoft Office on Windows probably isn’t the best path.

I’m going to guess that moving the file onto iCloud isn't going to be necessary here.

The general sequence will probably be like this:

...Open Microsoft Word and edit the Word document, if any changes are required.

...Then open Microsoft Outlook mail, or whatever mail client you’re using.

...Create a new mail message, entering the email address of the recipient in the “to” field.

...Enter some text to send to the recipient.

...Add the Microsoft Office Word document to the mail message as an attachment.

...Send it.

It’s been a ~dozen years since I’ve used Microsoft Windows or Office, so I’m quire unfamiliar with the details of those packages.

Jul 2, 2020 5:43 PM in response to Womblefart

Microsoft Office documents including Word documents can be stored on iCloud, yes.

Most folks would probably send the Office document as an email attachment.

iCloud can be configured to allow sharing of and downloads of documents too, if that’s what you’re looking for,

Microsoft offers Microsoft Office for Windows, iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, too.

Could you elaborate a little on your goals here, and how you want to or expect to send this Office document?

Also your footer indicates Windows, but this is posted in a forum for iCloud and iPad and iPhone devices.

What software are you using?

Do you have access to Windows or a Mac, or is this all on iPhone or iPad?

Jul 2, 2020 7:39 PM in response to MrHoffman

Dear Mr Hoffman,

thanks or your kind reply.I have to email files to a publisher as a Word or a PDF file.

I am a senior citizen and have poor I.T skills.

Perhaps,if you have time could you give me a tip please regarding how to do this on

i cloud drive.I also have Windows 10 on 365 system. I think 'word'could be easier ?

Kind Regards John.

Can I download cloud drive ss a word document?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.