You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Device Naming

Am I the only one that wishes Apple would allow for naming your Bluetooth devices in your list like Android? After a while many devices become unrecognizable.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 2:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 2:40 PM

Whether or not you can rename your Bluetooth device depends on the manufacturer of the device. Open Settings > Bluetooth with the device connected, tap on the “i” in a circle to the right of the current name of the device and if you can change the name the option will be present.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2020 2:40 PM in response to Terry Warren

Whether or not you can rename your Bluetooth device depends on the manufacturer of the device. Open Settings > Bluetooth with the device connected, tap on the “i” in a circle to the right of the current name of the device and if you can change the name the option will be present.

Bluetooth Device Naming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.