You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Verify Server Identity

I keep having this pop up on my phone and it’s linked to a website that has nothing to do with me or my phone or emails. The website is **** this is not a million miles from where I live though.

This website also has some odd messages on it. How has this been linked to my phone? I have done soft and hard resets including a factory reset, changed my passwords, deleted and reinstalled the emails several times and I’m not at a loss what to do next. It’s only when I go on my emails or anything iCloud related and has only started from late morning today.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 8:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 8:58 AM

A subscribed calendar is a calendar that you install on your phone that is managed by someone else. Frequently it will be from a sports team that lists their games. When the season is over if you don’t delete the calendar you will get an error like that.

It can also be a calendar that was installed on your phone when you clicked a link for a “free” offer. So be careful out there. There are no free offers; they always come with baggage.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2020 8:58 AM in response to Kerry_M75

A subscribed calendar is a calendar that you install on your phone that is managed by someone else. Frequently it will be from a sports team that lists their games. When the season is over if you don’t delete the calendar you will get an error like that.

It can also be a calendar that was installed on your phone when you clicked a link for a “free” offer. So be careful out there. There are no free offers; they always come with baggage.

Cannot Verify Server Identity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.