You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

extra storage for MacBook Air (11-inch, 2013),

How to add extra storage at MacBook Air (11-inch, 2013)? My HD is almost full now.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 10:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 11:54 AM

That’s easy and you have two choices. My first MBAir didn’t have enough space for my music either. I purchased an SD Card (I provided an example link) and put my music on it. Writing data to an SD card isn’t terribly fast but the computer can read if plenty quickly for music and video. You might also be interested in a bus powered portable SDD (again, I’ve provided an example link.) I’m not specifically recommending those items, just giving you an idea of what to look for. The advantage of the SD Card is that you can keep it plugged in all the time. It will extend out from the SD port by about 1/4 inch. I safely kept mine in for 4 years without a problem. The advantage of the SSD is speed of writing and price per GB.

As to how to do it. See this article: https://www.imore.com/how-move-your-itunes-library-external-hard-drive

Just be sure that the drive is plugged in before you start the Music app and all will be well.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2020 11:54 AM in response to ShenYun2020

That’s easy and you have two choices. My first MBAir didn’t have enough space for my music either. I purchased an SD Card (I provided an example link) and put my music on it. Writing data to an SD card isn’t terribly fast but the computer can read if plenty quickly for music and video. You might also be interested in a bus powered portable SDD (again, I’ve provided an example link.) I’m not specifically recommending those items, just giving you an idea of what to look for. The advantage of the SD Card is that you can keep it plugged in all the time. It will extend out from the SD port by about 1/4 inch. I safely kept mine in for 4 years without a problem. The advantage of the SSD is speed of writing and price per GB.

As to how to do it. See this article: https://www.imore.com/how-move-your-itunes-library-external-hard-drive

Just be sure that the drive is plugged in before you start the Music app and all will be well.

extra storage for MacBook Air (11-inch, 2013),

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.