You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

16" MacBook Pro Battery Capacity Dropping

Hi guys,

My Macbook Pro "16's battery life is down to 90% on 150 cycles. It's dropped 5% in the last month. It has fluctuated from 93-95% a fair bit but never dropped to 90%. Is this something I should be concerned about? I bought it in December. I'm not sure if I should contact Apple support or not. I cannot go into an Apple store because of the current pandemic, and I've also got a concussion that'll probably keep me in bed for a while. I'm just wondering how to manage this.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 3:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 6:36 PM

This is the new normal—

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 introduces battery health management, a feature designed to improve the lifespan of your Mac notebook's battery.

The Battery Health button appears in >SystemPreferences>Energy Saver —this feature is limited to Mac laptops with Thunderbolt 3 ports. That equates to all MacBook Pro models released since late 2016 and the Retina-capable MacBook Air models released since 2018.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211094

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2020 6:36 PM in response to CA168

This is the new normal—

macOS Catalina 10.15.5 introduces battery health management, a feature designed to improve the lifespan of your Mac notebook's battery.

The Battery Health button appears in >SystemPreferences>Energy Saver —this feature is limited to Mac laptops with Thunderbolt 3 ports. That equates to all MacBook Pro models released since late 2016 and the Retina-capable MacBook Air models released since 2018.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211094

16" MacBook Pro Battery Capacity Dropping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.