You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPad Pro 2018 12.9 inch that won’t charge with Usb C cable and supplied power cable, after 13.6 update

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 that won’t charge with Usb C cable and the power block that came with the iPad itself . It is not charging after i0S 13.6 update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 3:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 2:38 PM

Thanks for all your replies, yes I'm running i0S13.6 which is a beta. I don't know what the weak link in my system was , weather it was the charging block, the USB-C cable itself or the power strip of outlets I was using. I bought a new USB -C cable a new power block making sure both were made by Apple , as well as a new outlet strip. The problem has been solved. It was incredibly frightening to see the red bar with no charging indicator.

Hopefully this will take care of things for awhile as my iPad Pro is my main link to the outside world especially with the pandemic. I do have some older iPads and a MacBook from 2006 which do need some attention, cables batteries ect. But It's my iPad Pro 2018 which is my main device at this point,

Thank you everyone for your all your replies , I will keep them for reference in the event something goes wrong but hopefully not.

Openthepodbaydoors

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 26, 2020 2:38 PM in response to Openthepodbaydoors

Thanks for all your replies, yes I'm running i0S13.6 which is a beta. I don't know what the weak link in my system was , weather it was the charging block, the USB-C cable itself or the power strip of outlets I was using. I bought a new USB -C cable a new power block making sure both were made by Apple , as well as a new outlet strip. The problem has been solved. It was incredibly frightening to see the red bar with no charging indicator.

Hopefully this will take care of things for awhile as my iPad Pro is my main link to the outside world especially with the pandemic. I do have some older iPads and a MacBook from 2006 which do need some attention, cables batteries ect. But It's my iPad Pro 2018 which is my main device at this point,

Thank you everyone for your all your replies , I will keep them for reference in the event something goes wrong but hopefully not.

Openthepodbaydoors

I have an iPad Pro 2018 12.9 inch that won’t charge with Usb C cable and supplied power cable, after 13.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.