You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer log into Messages in Mojave or High Sierra

This just started happening a couple days ago, but Message now always reports back an error when trying to log into my Apple ID account, both on my Mojave system and on my High Sierra system.

Messages works just fine on Catalina, both on my 2012 MacBook Pro and my 2012 Mac Pro; it's only with pre-Catalina OS's.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 1:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 3:44 PM

Hi Ken Auggie,

Thanks for the post. I understand you're having some issues using Messages on two Mac computers. Messages is a great app, and I'll be happy to help out with this issue.

You mentioned you're getting an error message. What does the error say?

This link has some great steps to try. I recommend starting here to see how they work for you: If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

Reply back here if needed! Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2020 3:44 PM in response to Ken Auggie

Hi Ken Auggie,

Thanks for the post. I understand you're having some issues using Messages on two Mac computers. Messages is a great app, and I'll be happy to help out with this issue.

You mentioned you're getting an error message. What does the error say?

This link has some great steps to try. I recommend starting here to see how they work for you: If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

Reply back here if needed! Take care.

Can no longer log into Messages in Mojave or High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.