You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime stop recording video

Quicktime stop recording video after 2min and get message try agin.

I try do recording many times but still the same issue

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 7:34 PM

2 replies

Jun 23, 2020 9:39 AM in response to Ibrashka207

Hi Ibrashka207!

I understand that you’re unable to record video using QuickTime, and I'm happy to help. Do you have enough storage space on your Mac?

How to free up storage space on your Mac

If storage space is not an issue, please test to see if it occurs in safe mode and in a new user account:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!

Jun 25, 2020 12:55 PM in response to Leanne_68

i have a 2018 MacBook Pro 16gb ram, 250gb SSD (70gb available), 6-core processor.

i am running a blackmagic atem mini into the MBP over USB-C into QuickTime. Blackmagic is set as the camera and audio source.

QuickTime is inconsistent when recording a new movie. It will sometimes stop the recording after 45 sec. sometimes it will record for an hour. I have tried several different settings for video quality, audio volume, etc, but I can’t find a pattern.

I have changed cables, checked for updates and cleared more storage space.

I have also tried changes the nap energy settings.

what else can I do?

Quicktime stop recording video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.