You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Fall Detection Call Emergency Contacts Only

I have recently given my grandmother my old apple watch. I thought that it would be useful since she has been living alone and has been isolated because of the worldwide virus outbreak. The watch obviously has the "fall detection" feature which I thought would be very useful. However, we have turned this off for the time being for fear that the watch would initiate a call to the emergency services when it is not needed, given that my grandmother is not yet experienced enough with the watch to know how to cancel the call when needed. My question: is there is a way to have the feature turned on but only allow it to call her emergency contacts that I have designated and not the emergency services? My understanding is that the watch first calls the emergency services and then calls the emergency contacts.

tl;dr can you disable "fall detection" calling the emergency services but still have it call the emergency contacts?

I cannot see that it is possible to do what I have mentioned but thought it would be worth an ask, considering it could potentially save someone's life without the embarrassment of an accidental call to the emergency services...

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 8:32 AM

No this is not possible,emergency services are called first and then your emergency contacts,the same with the SOS app.

Read here;

How to use fall detection

Use Emergency SOS on your Watch

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch Fall Detection Call Emergency Contacts Only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.