You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Apple ID on IPhone

I used a new Apple ID when I repaired my phone and old Apple ID was locked out. I have recovered old ID and want to use it now but is being denied from changing the new ID with the old Apple ID

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 4:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 6:15 AM

What happens when you try? Error message(s)? Have you followed the steps in the article below to sign out/in? More information would help.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.      

6 replies

Jun 13, 2020 5:23 AM in response to Ceanoruo

Note that you can't reuse an email address that was previously been associated with an Apple ID in any way until an uncertain period has passed--sometimes reputed to 30 day and sometimes 1 year. Also, I have seen that you never can use such an email address again. The last two times I saw someone claim a time period it was “up to 30 days.” You can contact Apple support on to check out the wait period.

Get Apple telephone support for help using this link https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63005&category_id=SC0245&symptom_id=23362 Be patient sometimes Apple support is closed to immediate phone support.

Changing Apple ID on IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.