You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail keeps suggesting a previously-entered incorrect e-mail address

In Apple Mail, I once entered an incomplete e-mail address that did not have the top level domain (e.g., .com) and sent it out to the recipient. Since then, Apple Mail's auto complete keeps suggesting this incomplete e-mail address even though I want the program to forget it. There is an article (https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/delete-email-addresses-mlhlp1113/mac) that shows how to prevent Apple Mail from suggesting e-mail addresses that are stored in Contacts by removing the e-mail from the Contact Card, but my problem is that this incomplete e-mail address is not stored in any Contact Card, it was entered purely by mistake in the context of Apple Mail. Would anybody have insight into how to have Apple Mail forget the e-mail? Thank you for reading.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 5:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 5:14 AM

I was able to resolve this shortly after posting it. In Apple Mail, I went to the Window menu, Previous Recipients, and in the Previous Recipients menu I deleted the incorrect e-mail address that was entered into a previously sent e-mail. I am not sure of how to mark this post as Resolved status, but I do not have any further inquiry with this issue.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2020 5:14 AM in response to Andrea Akutagawa

I was able to resolve this shortly after posting it. In Apple Mail, I went to the Window menu, Previous Recipients, and in the Previous Recipients menu I deleted the incorrect e-mail address that was entered into a previously sent e-mail. I am not sure of how to mark this post as Resolved status, but I do not have any further inquiry with this issue.

Apple Mail keeps suggesting a previously-entered incorrect e-mail address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.